- Why did you become a Superhero?
"Why did I become a superhero? Mostly because I didn’t have anywhere to go. I really don’t have a family to go home to anymore. The Heroes are my family now. I couldn’t ask for a better family."
Codename: The Portrayer
Real Name: Jang Wooyoung
Current Residence: Pantheon| 2F| Room 208
Powers: Wooyoung was born with superhuman ability to manipulate any form of paint. This artistic ability is both delicate and destructive, beautiful as it is deadly. While on the surface this ability may seem like a shallow imitation of hydrokinesis, it may be surprising to know that this ability has a few tricks of it’s own that can keep it on equal footing with it’s more popular cousin. Wooyoung is only able to manipulate an outside source of paint, his ability unfortunately not giving him any sort of creating skills. His ability did however grant him immunity to the harmful toxic effect of paint itself.
With mental concentration, Wooyoung can manipulate wide areas of paint, drawing vast lakes of the liquid if there was enough source laying around. His mastery over paint allows him to control multiple streams of paint as once, manipulating each individual stream to create elegant shapes and designs. He can shape the paint itself to form into whips and rigs, as well as orbs for throwing at his targets. By concentrating on the paint liquid itself, he can harden the paint so that it can dry and form into solid objects. An example would be solid bullets for shooting a target.
The paint Wooyoung controls is given a sort of durability to it so that it is more effective in battle than normal dried paint. This hardened paint can go toe to toe with solid steel, even overpowering it with enough force. By manipulating the sharpness of the paint, he can form crude objects such as swords for slicing and cutting. These are rarely used for battle though as Wooyoung prefers overpowering his opponent with large blunt objects. The bigger the amount of paint, the bigger the object Wooyoung creates to pummel a foe.
By pulling the paint towards him, Wooyoung is able to create a variety of armor-related objects for protecting himself and his comrades. He can create shields for blocking incoming projectiles, or large full-body armor for protecting his whole body. With enough paint, he could theoretically create enormous fortress-like armor, building giant knights for smashing and defending. For now, Wooyoung has decided to stick with small lightweight armor pieces such as bracers for easy defending.
After a bit of one on one training with Taeyeon, Wooyoung discovered that his ability has another hidden side to it. While not fully realized yet, his ability seems to have a few hidden tricks in it depending on what color of paint Wooyoung decides to use. The effect that appears is always consistent with the dominant color of paint he uses; for example, any shade of red will always have the same effect as using plain red colored paint. Wooyoung’s only known color effect lies in the color red, with the paint having a burning effect to it.
Wooyoung is unable to change the color of paint he manipulates, as he is stuck with whatever the original source color was. He can however mix two or more colors of paint to get the desired color he wants, helping him set up different types of strategies based on color. While it may seem like a daunting task to lug around buckets of paint everytime he has to use his abilities on the field, Wooyoung has crafted an easy solution by carrying around tubes of paint within his uniform. His jacket, designed by Joon, carries inside of it a surprising amount of paint, giving him an easy arsenal to carry around.
Aside from his jacket storage, Wooyoung also has a bit of ammunition dried on the many walls lining the metropolis. By shifting his control onto the dried paint on any object or area, he can manipulate the paint to wash off like a liquid, cleaning away completely from it’s surface. This can be used as a surprise tactic since an opponent might not expect a wave of paint to wash off from a walls and ceiling to attack them. If a pedestrian might be wondering where the paint has gone, Wooyoung can easily splash the paint back to the wall if he wishes.
Though it doesn’t need to be said, Wooyoung does enjoy simply using his ability to paint, finding the artistic activity a bit refreshing compared to his earlier uses of paint. As a member of the first generation of Heroes, Wooyoung has made an excellent addition to the team whether it be on the field or inside the base.
- jangwooyoungie likes this
- nodramagirl likes this
- barbaraheeftgeenborsten reblogged this from hyeongkon
- day-vid-yaj likes this
- itsmomomofo reblogged this from hyeongkon
- jasmedra reblogged this from hyeongkon
- jasmedra likes this
- hoshinoyume reblogged this from kpopcult
- kpopcult reblogged this from hyeongkon
- hongskywalker reblogged this from petitecoreenne
- hewoo0430 reblogged this from hyeongkon
- hiragirin likes this
- chinosaywhat reblogged this from ooweecynthia and added:
- minjiii likes this
- buttercupsluv reblogged this from tinasweetheart
- fayth-snow reblogged this from ooweecynthia
- loaney likes this
- kkamshi-doll reblogged this from tinasweetheart
- foreveroncloud9 likes this
- tammytam89 likes this
- ohhaichristinee likes this
- clr-less reblogged this from ooweecynthia
- voilachristinaaa reblogged this from ooweecynthia
- beesoulfull reblogged this from tinasweetheart
- gloww likes this
- lilbabimims2 likes this
- ooweecynthia reblogged this from tinasweetheart
- ooweecynthia likes this
- tinasweetheart reblogged this from idol-obsessions
- breeedarlin likes this
- lyaharuko likes this
- hachiness4ever reblogged this from hyeongkon
- borasaeks reblogged this from hyeongkon
- choitabiisan reblogged this from idol-obsessions
- troubledee likes this
- desolationofseoul reblogged this from hyeongkon
- jin-dynasty likes this
- elpeu2ne1 likes this
- oppa-stop likes this
- fuckyeahkoreanboys reblogged this from hyeongkon
- iceburnsfire reblogged this from hyeongkon
- woo-khun reblogged this from hyeongkon
- bbomb likes this
- daeblaq reblogged this from hyeongkon
- igot-mark reblogged this from hyeongkon
- joody0 likes this
- igot-mark likes this
- sweet-taboo likes this
- dsparadise likes this